October 7, 2015

DIY Dog Toys Box / Storage

Guess what, I got a toy box!!!

This is me and Lammy posing in front of my brand new toy box. She's gotta have one for herself!

This is actually a recycling DIY project. Mum turned an old small bookshelf into a dog toys storage for me. But it turned out pretty great and I ruff it. Check this out:

First, she painted the bookshelf white in two coats. This is the first coat.

And then she drew a dog paw shape on the divider of the bookshelf.

Then she painted the inside of the bookshelf with stripe pattern, helped by masking tape.

When the masking tape is pulled off, it looks nice and clean.

And then using double sided foam tape, she attached the divider onto the main body of the bookshelf.

And so it looks like this. Already filled with all my toys.

The photo is not complete without a cutie or two.

She also documented all the steps on a video, watch this:


I snoopervised her a lot during the making. Lammy was there too. You can see our butts slipped here and there in the video. He he.

With this being made, that means another wish list checked today. Yahoo!

15 comments:

  1. Great idea. We need three of those boxes
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Mom has just resorted to crates for our stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    That is is a fabulous toy box Suri... your mum sure is talented!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Mom! What a great toy box, I luffs the paw print on the front
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That won't work here. The dogs think that all toys belong on the floor and they wouldn't be in the toy box for very long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea! I keep my squeaky toys in a basket on the bottom shelf of the TV cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so cute and it gave my mom a great idea. We have something that will work like that but we may modify it some. Thanks for sharing

    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lady is far more crafty then ours! Love that box, it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so very clever and much prettier than the old wicker basket we use. Bravo!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is soooooooo cool!! I want one.

    Mommy...Mommy... I need a new toy box.


    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is pawfect!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD your mom is SOOOOOO clever!!!! It's PAWSOME!
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suri you have a very clever MOM!
    I have a toy basket mom says it is too full..I say it is purrfect.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment to make me dance. Wiggly wiggly!