October 2, 2015

Batik Day


Hi furriends,
Today (October 2nd) is National Batik Day in Indonesia.

So what is Batik, you ask?

"Batik is a traditional Indonesian fabric that has roots in Indonesian historical artwork. Batik is conventionally made by drawing patterns with a tool called canting. The pattern itself is influenced by a variety of cultures. Actually, a tradition of making batik is found in various countries, but the batik of Indonesia is acknowledged to be the most well-known,"

said wikipedia. He he. You didn't expect me to know that that well, right?

Anyway, national Batik Day is a day of fashion in Indonesia. We dress head-to-toe in Batik for celebration of this culture.

I am proud to be Indonesian and so is Mum! So she made me sumthin to wear today, and that is...

This batik bow tie!

Check me out :)


Flashy box pointing at me so I have to do some poses. What do you think? I think I look kinda cool. I can pose like that without having Mum bribing for that.





Ok busted.

But I DID try ma best to pose as closely as possible like what real fashion models do in Mum's magazine. They always look so serious and never smile in photos.

Pee.S. Mum been using the laptop a lot so I can't create a blog post daily again lately. But Mum said her hectic freelance project will be done soon so that is saying something.

Woofs to ya later!

13 comments:

  1. Luffs your posing and of course you deserve treats!!!!!
    Mum luffs batik designs, she brought loads of fabric back from their trip to Malaya
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Every model must be paid, Suri... I'd be asking for double the 'money' if I wuz you!!! Great job showing of that tie.. batik is beautiful... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    pee ess, don't be too hard on mum hogging the pooter... work means dosh and dosh means more treatz.. jus' sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joey dog here. According to the Yum Yum Coalition, doggies posing for the sake of photos are to be paid two doggie yum yum treats.

    The batik tie is very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care what it is made of, nobody puts clothes on this bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. Thank you for letting us know. Have a fun day
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very pretty. You did a great job.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Suri
    That batik is really nice looking. You wear it especially well.
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hi hi! Ojo here! You look very nice in batik!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My momma luvs batiks - her bedspread are batik and I has some batik fabric on some of my dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just love batik and that batik bow tie is totally adorable!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posing looks great and so do you!!

    Your posing looks great and so do you!!


    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment to make me dance. Wiggly wiggly!